FOR PUBLIC TRAINING
A public course is one in which members of the general public may register and enrol, and is not limited to people from a particular workplace or organisation.
Public courses are listed and promoted on multiple websites, including Hearten Up ’s website, Mental Health First Aid Australia’s website, and any number of other external websites.
COURSE CANCELLATIONS BY HEARTEN UP
- Hearten Up reserves the right to cancel public courses or change the dates of courses if necessary.
- Where Hearten Up cancels or changes the date of a course, we aim to provide enrolled participants with adequate notice, and offer alternative dates for the same course.
- If no alternative date is suitable as a result of us cancelling or rescheduling a course, we will refund 100% of the course fees received.
ENROLMENT CANCELLATION BY PARTICIPANT
- Hearten Up will issue a refund of 50% of the course fee where notification of a course withdrawal is received 8 days or more prior to course commencement.
- No refund will be issued where notification of a course withdrawal is received 7 days or less prior to course commencement.
- If the enrolment comprises an eLearning component and the enrolment voucher code has been used, no refund for this component can be issued.
- Should you be unable to attend a course, you may nominate a substitute participant to attend in your place. Hearten Up require enrolment substitution to be notified 15 days or more prior to the course commencement date, and a fee of $110 (inc. gst) is applicable.
- If the enrolment comprises an eLearning component and the enrolment voucher code has been used, no refund for this component can be issued, and the substitute participant will be required to pay a new eLearning enrolment fee ($88 inc. gst). The eLearning enrolment fee is set by Mental Health First Aid Australia and Hearten Up has no control over this.
- No enrolment substitutions can be made if notification is received 14 days or less prior to course commencement.
- Hearten Up may transfer you to another date where notification is received 8 days or more prior to the course commencement. A fee of $55 (inc. gst) is applicable.
- When you request to transfer to another date and the notification is received 7 days or less prior to course commencement, a transfer fee of $110 (inc. gst) is applicable.
- Where you fail to attend a training course for which you have enrolled, all payments will be forfeited unless there are exceptional circumstances which prevent them from attending, such as an accident or illness, and:
- Notification is made to Hearten Up no later than 24 hours from course commencement, and
- A medical certificate is provided no later than 48 hours from course commencement.
- Where exceptional circumstances occur, each case will be determined individually in relation to the cost of attending another course.
- In these circumstances Hearten Up will happily move your booking to another suitable date without charge.
EXPECTATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
Hearten Up expects all participants:
- To be responsible for your own learning and development by actively and positively participating in group sessions.
- To be present and engaged in all training, including arriving on time. No participants will be able to continue with the training if they arrive more than 5 minutes late for any session.
- To monitor your own progress by ensuring that assessment deadlines are observed.
- To contribute to learning in a harmonious and positive manner irrespective of gender, race, sexual preference, political affiliation, marital status, disability or religious belief.
- To be honest and respectful and not conduct yourself in any way that may cause offence or injury to others.
- To respect other students and Hearten Up staff members and their right to privacy and confidentiality.
COURSE COMPLETION SURVEY
On completion of their training, participants will be invited to provide feedback to Mental Health First Aid Australia, who use this feedback to monitor course delivery quality and may incorporate this in future adjustments to the training framework and guidelines.
Hearten Up also invites feedback directly from participants, for our own quality assessment and ongoing improvement to services and delivery. Some of this feedback may be used in marketing material, and the express consent of participants will be sought and recorded for this purpose.
Hearten Up has insurance coverage for professional indemnity and public and products liability. A Certificate of Currency can be provided on request.
Updated April 2022